Thursday, June 28, 2018

Places I've (Mostly) Never Seen


It’s been a busy couple of weeks getting things moved into our new home, and I have to admit, I’m pretty exhausted. The labor, both physical and emotional that it takes to move into a new space is outrageous, and I’m still adjusting. I have considered all day about a topic to write about, but nothing really came to me until a few minutes ago. I don’t have anything structured, or deep, or even tidy to share. Instead, I thought it’d be best to give you another little glimpse into who I am, and share some of the places that I want to someday visit.

The first on my list has to be Ireland. Since childhood, I have been fascinated with tales of Irish lore, and the beauty of the country. All my life, for almost as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to walk on the grounds of the Emerald Isle. Whether it’s the culture, or the romance that seems to surround the stories from Ireland, I’ve always felt pulled there by some invisible force. I’m a sucker for rich history, folklore, and beautiful scenery, so it’s no wonder that it calls to me.

Likewise, Italy is on my list for many of the same reasons. Rome, Naples, Venice, I’d love to see it all. Seeing pictures of all the sights that Italy has to offer is one thing, but it’d be completely something else to experience it for myself. And can I mention the food? Just the thought makes my mouth water, to think of delving into authentic Italian food!

Paris. Who doesn’t want to go to Paris?! The romance, the Eiffel tower, the Louvre. Coffee in outside bistros. Croissants. Coq au vin. The whole French experience. I love museums, so to be able to go to one of the most important, renown museums in the would be such a treat. There’s such a luxury and magic about some of these European countries, and I would love to be able to go and soak in all that they have to offer!

In America, there are also places I’ve always wanted to see. Top of that list was Boston. Yes, I’ve been, but as I was there for such a short amount of time, I really want to go back. There’s an ambiance about Boston that is so unique, and I absolutely love it! I would love to really immerse myself in the city, and see all the things I didn’t get to see on my first trip. I’m not a sports fan either, but I have to say it’d be something to see the Red Sox play at Fenway. I’d love to visit Salem again, as well.

NYC has always been on my to do list as well. The closest I’ve been has been an abysmal layover at La Guardia that had me in tears. I want to soak in the gritty vibrance that is New York, to eat at some of the acclaimed restaurants. I want to see Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty. There are a million things to do in NYC, and I crave the opportunity to get to do them all. First and foremost though would have to be a visit to Broadway. To see a musical on Broadway would probably just make my life ten times better than I ever imagined. Whether it’s Wicked, or Hamilton (THERE’S a dream for ya!) or Dear Evan Hansen, one day I WILL achieve this dream. It’s not so far out of reach!

Finally, I’d have to say I’d love to visit San Francisco. My best friend lived there for a few years, but I was never able to go while she was there, but I’ve always wanted to go. Yes, I want to do all the touristy things from the Fisherman’s Wharf, to the Golden Gate Bridge and all that, but I’d love to see all the places that Melissa would recommend. I feel like it’d give a chance to see the part of her life that I missed out on while she lived there. Plus, it’s so different from where I’ve always lived that I know it’d be a great adventure!

I know this wasn’t much of a blog this week, friends, and I hope you’ll forgive me for it. I just didn’t have the energy to write about the hopelessness that seems to permeate the very air these days. I wanted to focus on something light and fun, and not to strenuous on the brain. Next week, we’ll tackle something a little more thought provoking, perhaps! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment